In the photography business, one of your most important assets is your reputation. Prospective customers not only need to know you’re trustworthy, but they also depend on you for creative ideas, advice, and the latest technology. Where do you turn, then, for a continual infusion of new ideas, techniques, and photography tips to enhance your marketability and reputation?
The solution is a membership in The Professional Photographers’ Society of New York State. PPSNYS can provide you with an affordable way to upgrade your skills, stay current on the latest technologies, and exchange creative ideas with colleagues and nationally-recognized experts.
Becoming a member of PPSNYS also enhances your credibility and your professionalism in the eyes of prospective customers. Displaying our logo and making it known you’re a PPSNYS member is an effective trust-building strategy. It also serves as an additional reference, according to the New York State Attorney General’s office. One of the consumer protection tips the state agency offers is to "ask if the photographer belongs to a wedding photographers' association."
The benefits of joining PPSNYS go far beyond enhancing your public image, though. Here’s a snapshot of the educational and money-saving advantages of becoming a member:
Professionalism & Networking
- Networking opportunities to exchange ideas, techniques and contacts with other members
- Full-time energetic, professional and friendly staff to assist members
- Access to the member-only section of the website, www.ppsnys.com
- A private Facebook Group for PPSNYS members statewide – find answers to your questions!
- PPSNYS Facebook Page Cover Photo Contest where the winning image is posted for thousands to view.
Education & Training
- Quarterly complimentary Lecture Series throughout New York State
- Talent Exchange Programs offered by the Sections
- Special member pricing for PPA-affiliated Summer Workshop (earn 2 PPA merits for attendance). Visit http://www.ppsnysworkshop.com to learn more!
- Local print competitions and educational programs
- Member Discount to the Annual Photo North East convention. An educational collaboration with New Jersey featuring experts on wedding photography, lighting, commercial photography, environmental photography, digital imaging, retouching, etc. Visit http://www.photonortheast.org to learn more!
- Yearly Statewide Print Competition and periodic Regional PPA-Affiliated Print Competition.
- Dinner meetings and educational programs at 10 PPSNYS Sections around the state
Knowledge & Awareness
- Timely membership updates to keep you in-the-know on industry trends
- Monthly e-newsletters & timely updates
- Member discounts from participating photography-related companies
- Professional distinction within the industry
- Business name and contact information listed in the online Membership Directory
- Available discounts on credit card processing through Midwest Transaction Group (MTG) Powered by Veracity